Club-Based Education Instructor
Title: Club Based Education Director
Status: Full-time Exempt Position
Pay Range: $32,000 – $36,000 w/benefits
The Education Director will develop, plan and implement education programming in the Learning Centers at both Allied and Taft Club locations. The Club Based Education Director work directly with Club-Based staff and VP of Education/CAO Director to ensure every club member (K-12) is equipped with the academic and personal tools to successfully graduate from high school and transition to college and career successfully. It includes implementing school year and summer academic support curriculum (Power Hour, Brain Fitness and other education initiatives), mentoring, tutoring, college field trips, parent involvement, wrap-around services and career exploration.
- Oversee the development of programming that supports students in career exploration and academic coursework.
- Plan Club-wide curriculum for club-based education programming (Power Hour, Brain Fitness, Career Launch, STRIDE, STEM education, Summer Reading, etc.)
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of Summer Academic Programming.
- Manage & administer program components to meet established standards and outcomes.
- Provide professional development for Club staff as needed (lesson planning, group facilitation, classroom management, etc.).
- Actively manage a team of 2-6 direct reports in multiple locations.
- Support recruitment of staff, interview, and trains and manage staff.
- Recruit and Supervise education program interns and volunteers.
- Facilitate team meetings Collaborate and coordinate programming with MMSD schools and other community partners.
- Manage relationships with existing partners
- Create relationships with new partners to leverage Club/community resources such as guest speakers and mentors
- Participate in program evaluation and provide information as requested
- Ensure that parent engagement opportunities are provided
- Participate in Club-wide management and leadership meetings
- Identify areas for overall program development and growth
- Manage site-specific budget
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, or related field
- Teacher certification, preferred
- Master’s degree in education, student development, public administration, or related field, preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in teaching and navigating K-12 school systems
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Excellence in program development and relationship-building
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated potential to prepare and facilitate impactful trainings/meetings
- Experience in leading and motivating a large staff in many different locations
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate well to people of all ages from diverse ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to work evening and/or weekend hours, as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet usage
Boys and Girls Club of Dane County is committed to employment equity. All responses will be handled with strict confidence. Interested individuals are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and three personal references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by US Mail to:
C/o Club Based Education Director
1818 West Beltline Highway
Madison, WI 53713
Phone: (608) 257-2606