Youth Transportation Driver
Job Title: Youth Transportation Driver
Status: Part Time (up to 28 hours a week) and Seasonal Positions Available
Pay Range: $10/ hour
- Part time position: 2-8:30pm depending on route – M-F; Some Saturdays & Sundays as needed; Special events and field trips as needed, mostly evenings.
- Seasonal Positions: Times vary; morning, afternoon and evening shifts available.
- As a member of the transportation team, the van driver provides safe and efficient transportation for students to and from events such as neighborhood pick-ups, summer school pick-ups, recreational outings, musical performances, etc. The candidate is expected to comply with all organization policies and procedures as well as State licensing requirements that apply to group child care centers.
- 21 years of age with a valid Wisconsin drivers License and clean driving record. Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug test, and driving record check. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience working with children and experience driving.
- Create a safe, diverse, and welcoming environment for youth
- Make sure that every child is wearing their seat belt at all times
- Observe the speed limit and all road signs and signals during the task of delivering the children safely to their destinations
- Help club directors and support team with youth on field trips and events
- Communicate as needed with club directors and parents or guardians of youth
- Keep the van clean and gassed up at all times, daily safety inspections of van, record the number of miles traveled, and keep any receipts that are related to the trip
- Follow proper reporting procedures
- Communicate with manager about maintenance issues with the van
- Help out as a floater in any program area when not on field trips or taking members places in the van
- Maintain a current understanding of procedures if an accident should occur with the van, with or without members in the van
- Other duties as assigned by manager or site directors
Boys and Girls Club of Dane County is committed to employment equity. All responses will be handled with strict confidence. Interested individuals are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and three personal references to:
C/o Youth Transportation Driver
1818 West Beltline
Madison, WI 53713
Phone: (608) 257-2606