20th Anniversary of MOVE4BGC.
July 16th, 2022
Thank you to everyone who made Our 20th Anniversary of MOVE4BGC a success!
More about MoVE4BGC
Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County is excited to host our 20th annual MOVE4BGC (previously known as BIKE4BGC). This event will be a fun, in-person experience while following CDC and Dane County health guidelines. You can participate in a team or as an individual, and virtual participation will also be an option. Many different events to choose from whether you like to bike, run, walk or do yoga (new this year).
The MOVE4BGC fundraising goal is to raise $700,000 to support our programs for different pathways to success for the youth in our community, ages 2.5 to 24.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED AND REGISTER
- Register a team HERE with your company, neighbors, family and friends
- Register individually HERE as a walker, runner, rider, or virtual participant!
Your involvement is critical to our success and the betterment of the community. Thank you for your support.
INCENTIVES AND PRIZES
Move4BGC brings family, friends, coworkers and neighbors together for a fun-filled campaign promoting active, healthy lifestyles while raising funds for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County. Pledges raised support the ongoing mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County to provide programs that inspire and cultivate our youth to realize their full potential.
Routes & Start Times (Preliminary)
Family 8 Mile Bike Ride Route
Intermediate 25 Mile Bike Ride Route
Advanced 50 Mile Bike Ride Route
2 Mile Run/Walk Route
5K Run Route
- 50-mile Bike (Advanced): 7:30 am Start (Participants are not permitted to start the route after 7:45 am)
- 25-mile Bike (Intermediate): 7:45 am Start (Participants are not permitted to start the route after 8 am)
- 8-mile Bike (Family): 8:00 am Start (Participants are not permitted to start the route after 8:15 am)
- 5K Run: 8:15 am Start (Participants are not permitted to start the route after 8:30 am)
- 2-mile Walk: 8:40 am Start (Participants are not permitted to start the route after 8:45am)
- Yoga Flow 9:00 am-10:00 am. Build some heat and move through an in-person hour long yoga flow class with certified yoga instructor Melanie Thiel. Open to all skill levels and abilities. Please bring your own mat.
- Drop In Yoga 10:00 am-12:00 pm Do this alone or add on to an event! (You are welcome to join at any time and participate for as long as you like). This yin style yoga class includes long holds and deep stretching while grounding the mind and soul. Open to all skill levels and abilities.
There is even more fun as the evening goes on with a Gladys KNight Concert and White Party!