TOPS College Success
Who We Are
The Teens of Promise (TOPS) College Success Program (initially called College Continuation) was founded in 2011 by Mary Burke, Jamie Lee Manning, and Michael Johnson.
The TOPS College Success Program is a college program that provides additional support services for students who were in the AVID/TOPS Program in the Madison Metropolitan School District (Wisconsin) and is a part of the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County. Questions about this program can be sent to Taylor Jackson at email@example.com.
Our services are primarily through our college success coaches. Upon graduation from the AVID/TOPS program in the high schools, our program assigns a college success coach to our students to follow them through their undergraduate journey and afterward. Coaches support our students in areas of:
- Student services such as connections to campus resources, coach check-ins to monitor progress, overcoming college roadblocks, and peer support.
- FAFSA assistance, understanding financial aid, and finding funding such as scholarships; internship and job-shadowing opportunities; provide emergency funding and supplies.
- Educational and social events for our students that provide beneficial information, a safe fun environment, and to give our students supplies such as gift cards.
- We currently serve over 650 students enrolled in college
- We have over 250 TOPS Scholar Alumni who have earned degrees
- 86% of the TOPS Scholars we serve are students of color
- Currently, TOPS Scholars attend over 120 colleges & universities across the US
- The program has an average 84% on-time college enrollment rate
Student Emergency Fund
This is a fund that offers emergency assistance to TOPS Scholars who are facing financial hardship due to an emergency, accident, or other unexpected financial crisis, whose academic continuation can be ensured by a small stipend. Click here to learn more. There are two applications based on the student’s need for emergency funding:
College Related Emergency Funding Application
Donate Funding and Supplies
One of the biggest challenges for our scholars in completing a college degree is affording college. Our scholars are always looking for financial support and scholarships. Consider donating funding for scholarships for our scholars or donating gift cards (Target, Amazon, etc.) and school supplies. Donate here, and/or connect with Taylor Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collaborate With Us or Sponsor Our Events
The TOPS College Success team is always looking for ways to better serve our students. A great way to reach our students is to host events and we try to have a variety of them. Educational and social events are in demand and we would love to collaborate to make these events happen!