2021 Summer Internships
We need your support to make this summer a success! Individuals and organizations in Dane County can support in the following ways:
- Host an intern: We work with a variety of organizations in Dane County to place highly qualified interns in paid positions. Our minimum internship period is 6 weeks, though we have some interns work as many as 12 weeks. Applications are due no later than April 23, 2021. Learn more below!
- Volunteer for an informational interview: Our Digital Career Experience relies on volunteers to support our members in opportunities to explore career options and build a network. Individuals can volunteer to connect with members about their job, their career pathway, and answer questions. The typical time commitment is approximately 1 hour per informational interview.
- Volunteer to host a professional development workshop: Throughout the summer, our interns will participate in Friday workshops led by employers to build skills or learn and become more prepared for their future careers. Some of last year’s workshops included: “The Importance of Goal Setting in a Career”, “Communication Skills in the Workplace”, “Project Management”, and “Interview Tips & Tricks”.
- Sponsor an internship: Unpaid internship experiences perpetuate inequality, and create barriers for access to opportunities. We pay all of our interns a minimum of $15/hour, and the support of our donors helps to maximize the number of students we can connect to these opportunities!
How do I learn more?
- Email our Director, Career & Leadership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
“This was a really valuable experience. Having a younger person in the office brings a different perspective that we don’t typically have in our staff. This also gives us a chance to build our pipeline of potential candidates and general connectedness in the Madison community. Lastly but not least, our intern brought great energy and was ultimately a fun and positive person to join our office this summer. He will be missed!” –National Council on Crime & Delinquency
“I always find that interns energize me and make me feel younger and more productive. I enjoy having them in my lab”. –UW Extension Plant Disease Diagnostics Clinic
“I enjoyed my internship this summer because of all the experiences I had with my coworkers and supervisor. They were extremely welcoming, and the time I had with them felt very nice. I’ve learned a lot of personal things along this way and one of my highlights was when we all ate Indian food in the small room and just had a good laugh”. -T.T., Curate Intern, Class of 2019
“I enjoyed every part of this internship, from the time management to the learning experiences I had with shadowing my supervisors. I was able to see how occupational therapists work in a hospital.” -K.P., UW Health Intern, Class of 2019
Thank you to our past Career Partners!
Access Community Health
American Family Insurance
BMO Harris Bank
Boardman & Clark, LLP
Dane County Government
Habitat for Humanity REStore
JMS Wealth Management/Morgan Stanley
Madison Brain Center
Madison Children’s Museum
Madison Gas & Electric
Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District
Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
More Smiles Wisconsin
NAMI Dane County
National Council on Crime & Delinquency
Olson Toon Landscaping, Inc.
Palmer Johnson Power Systems
Quartz Health Solutions
REACH – A – Child
Saris Cycling Group
Short Stack Eatery
Ryan Brothers Ambulance Service
UW Extension Plant Disease & Diagnostics Clinic
Wisconsin Alumni Association